[Help-gnutls] Key usage violation in certificate

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Oct 30 23:40:26 CET 2008

I'm fighting the same problem other Subversion users have been the past
few months, with the switch to Subversion on Ubuntu being built against
GNUTLS instead of OpenSSL, users cannot connect to our server.

I've rebuilt the server's cert with the X509v3 Key Usage set to 'Digital
Signature' and 'Key Encipherment', but that has not solved the problem.

Can someone please connect to https://origsvn.digium.com and tell me why
GNUTLS won't accept the server's cert? Thanks.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies