[Help-gnutls] Re: Simple question about performance

Miroslav Kratochvil exa.exa at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 08:06:53 CEST 2009

Hi,
big thanks for quick response, and, before all, for correcting the
misinformation I had found. Moreover, the connecting speed issue
doesnt really bother me.

> I don't recall much feedback about speed issues.  There is certainly
> room for optimization.  If you can provide a good test setup to compare
> gnutls vs openssl in an application, I would be interested in optimizing
> things.  However, the first step before optimization is to do good
> benchmarks to illustrate that there is a significant problem.  My last
> attempt at benchmarking didn't result in any obvious problem so I didn't
> proceed in optimizing anything.

My thought was to write a libgcrypt alternative of 'openssl speed',
which would be simple and give fair and comparable results. I will
probably post it here when it's ready.

Thanks for response
Mirek Kratochvil