Question on Anonymous Diffie-Hellman key exchange

Ram G mydevforums at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 17:50:45 CEST 2009

So does this mean the GnuTLS client generates the "shared key" on its own ?

When I read that the DH parameters are useful only to the server, perhaps
I got confused that the server generates P, G and the "Shared Key" and sends
the "Shared Key" to the client.

So this is the correct logic:

1) GnuTLS server generates P & G and sends it to the client
2) GnuTLS client selects a random number X and sends G(power of X) mod P to
server
3) GnuTLS server selects a random number Y and sends G(power of Y) mod P to
client
4) Both client and server independently calculates the "shared key"

Thanks for clearing my confusion

Ramg