[Help-gnutls] Does verify_peers2 check cert expiration?

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sat Feb 14 05:25:05 CET 2009

After calling gnutls_certificate_verify_peers2(), I call
gnutls_certificate_get_peers(), take the first cert, and call
gnutls_x509_crt_get_activation_time() and
gnutls_x509_crt_get_expiration_time(), and verify that the certificate has
not expired.

Am I doing too much work? The man page for
gnutls_certificate_verify_peers2() isn't quite clear if it does any more
validation besides verifying the cert chain.