[Help-gnutls] Re: GNU DTLS?

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Tue Jun 16 09:03:29 CEST 2009

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 01:09:36AM +0100,
>  Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> wrote
>  a message of 24 lines which said:
>
>> > Can you please let me know if there is a way to check if GNU DTLS is turned on?
>>
>> GnuTLS doesn't support DTLS.
>
> Any plans to add it?

Nobody is working on this now, alas.  DTLS is somewhat different than
TLS, so maybe it should be a separate library, gnudtls.  Or maybe it
could be a "sub"-library of GnuTLS, such as libgnutls-dtls.  Last time
Nikos looked into it, I think he thought it would take quite some work
to re-factor the GnuTLS code so it worked with DTLS as well.

It would be great if someone was interested in working on implementing
on DTLS in GnuTLS.