[Help-gnutls] Still replacing OpenSSL function with GnuTLS

Carolin Latze carolin.latze at unifr.ch
Wed Jun 17 11:04:01 CEST 2009

Hi Nikos,

> Hello,
>  In general you shouldn't try to map gnutls functions to openssl or vice
> versa. They both work different and there is no such 1-1 mapping. Just
> check the gnutls manual to see what kind of server/client you are
> implementing and try to apply it to your program.
I totally agree with you, but I am trying to port the FreeRADIUS EAP-TLS
module to GnuTLS and that would require to implement it again from the
scratch. As I am unable to do that, I tried to replace the OpenSSL calls
instead. Meanwhile I also got the impression, that it might have been
easier to write a complete new module instead... I have time until the
end of June to get it running. Not sure, I´ll be able to do it :)

Carolin