[Help-gnutls] set_openpgp_key error The request is invalid

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Sun Mar 22 16:17:27 CET 2009

On 03/22/2009 06:41 AM, Luca Bruno wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 03:12:12AM -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>> Does your secret key have a passphrase?
> Yes

This may be the problem.  I don't believe that GnuTLS is currently
capable of dealing with passphrase-locked OpenPGP secret key material.

Could you try generating a test key with GPG (using the same parameters
as your main key), but leave it without a passphrase, and try the
process again?  That would help confirm this theory.

>> What sort of key are you using?
> What you mean? Maybe 1024D for pub and 2048g for sub? (I don't have much
> knowledge of gpg keys)

This is exactly what i meant, thanks.  I don't think this is a problem,
but it's good background to have for the issue.

	--dkg