[Help-gnutls] Re: Odd issue with gnu-tls 2.6.4 running as a subprocess of emacs-23 on Windows XP

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Mon May 18 12:56:44 CEST 2009

Iver Odin Kvello <iverodin at gmail.com> writes:

>> The solution in 2.8.x. will be to avoid select() and use poll() instead,
>> for which there is (allegedly) a more reliable wrapper implementation in
>> gnulib:
>> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/lib/poll.c
>
> I see, that sounds great.
>
> I actually managed to find and fix the bug in select.c (without any
> extensive testing of course) - I've attached the patch in case this
> could be useful temporarily or something.

Hi again.  GnuTLS 2.8.x is close to being released, and it now does use
poll.  If you have time, I'd appreciate if you could test whether it
solves the problem for you under Windows.  I have tested gnutls-cli in a
cmd.exe windows on Windows XP, and I was able to talk to a SMTP server
without problem, but I can't test from within Emacs easily.