Unencrypted connection?

Borislav Trifonov bdt at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 10 23:16:54 CET 2009

I'm interested in using gnutls both for secure communication, but also as a cross-platform wrapper (Linux+Windows) for my unencrypted sockets use, so I don't have to write one myself.  I'm wondering if it's possible to have an unencrypted connection, would it be say using GNUTLS_CIPHER_NULL, and also any detriments to doing that.

I'm using the http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/ port for Windows.  However, I can't build the examples since tcp.c includes *nix headers not present on Windows... I'm a bit confused, does that mean the examples aren't ported?

Also, is it possible to use UDP instead of TCP?

Thanks