GNUTLS compression

Handi Ajimasta hajimasta at i2r.a-star.edu.sg
Fri Nov 13 08:09:50 CET 2009

Hi Nikos,

Thanks for link. It helps! :)

Handi

-----Original Message-----
From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos [mailto:n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com] On
Behalf Of Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Sent: Thursday, 12 November, 2009 4:01 AM
To: Handi Ajimasta
Cc: help-gnutls at gnu.org
Subject: Re: GNUTLS compression

Handi Ajimasta wrote:

> 4) Is there any performance gain from enabling the compression? I
> understand that we might save some bandwidth with the compression, but

> with increased lag time, is there any noticeable difference?

Hello,
 Check some tests I did when I implemented it:
http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnutls-dev/2002-September/000362.html

Institute for Infocomm Research disclaimer:  "This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you."