TLS 1.2 with standard signature? Why hash->size == 36??

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Thu Nov 26 14:42:02 CET 2009

That is great!

Did you have to re-add the PKCS#1 ASN.1 OID before signing the data
manually?  Or was that not necessary?  I'm wondering whether current API
to only give the callback the hash value is OK, or whether it should
also include the ASN.1 OID in the data passed to the callback.  One
problem with the current callback API is that there is no signalling of
which hash function was used -- before in TLS this was not necessary
since only MD5/SHA1 was used, and the default is still SHA-1, but it
will be possible to sign using SHA-256 or similar too.  The callback
needs to be able to figure out that somehow.

/Simon