Initializing gcrypt in gnutls4win?

Jason Pettiss jpettiss at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 22 22:43:05 CEST 2009

Thanks to GnuTLS for Windows I was able to convert an existing application to use TLS in about 30 minutes.  Yay for that.  Everything works fine until I make two connections at the same time (from different threads), where gcrypt asserts on me, complaining of mutex state.

Does GnuTLS for Windows perform the gcry_control(GCRYCTL_SET_THREAD_CBS, ...) operation for me, or is that still my application's responsibility?  If I need to do that, anyone have any pointers on how to accomplish that?

Every time I think I've got the answer, I find I need to download and build yet another peripheral library, most of those of course not quite Windows-friendly.

Thanks for any tips,

Jason Pettiss
jpettiss at yahoo.com