Bootstrap parallel connections using session resume ?

Sebastien Decugis sdecugis at nict.go.jp
Wed Oct 28 10:46:01 CET 2009

Hi again Nikos,

>> Well, I can at least send you pointers to my code with some explanation
>> so that you get an idea of how I am doing it, and then if you're still
>> interested I'll try to extract the parts interesting for the manual or
>> build a demonstration sample.
>>

> That would be perfect. Please send me.

Ok, I am sending this in private mail, to avoid spamming the list :)

>> Anyway for some reason that I don't understand, it seems that now it
>> started to work properly, and I see successfully resumed sessions -- I
>> really don't know what I changed in my code for this result -- but I am
>> not complaining ^^
>>

> I'm quite curious on the previous behavior, where you noticed the same
> session ID being save twice in server side. It seems the server was
> wrongly trying to overwrite the initial session parameters with the
> resumed one. The attached patch should fix what you have noticed.
> (what you see now might be a timing issue if all the clients connect
> before the server has overwritten the initial parameters).

Well, I might have used some un-initialized pointers at some point when
I saw those traces, so maybe it's better to ignore them... I'll
investigate more seriously if I run into them again.
Thank you for the patch, but I am using a pre-compiled GnuTLS library
currently, and I would prefer to stick with it if I can...

Best regards,
Sebastien.