nOOb Error : No certificates found!

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Tue Apr 13 20:03:10 CEST 2010

gonzagueddr wrote:

> Hi all, and first excuse me to be totaly noob about gnutls.
> It's one week i'm trying to stream an mp3 over https using vlc, and i
> get the error "TLS handshake error: The peer did not send any certificate".
> So after a week on the vlc forum, i thing you're my only hope now (they
> say it's a gnutls' bug, but i can't believe that).

Please be more precise. What is your scenario, who is the tls server and
who is the client.

[...]
> * connection from xx.xx.xx.xxx, port 50091
> - Given server name[1]: domain.org
> - Certificate type: X.509
> No certificates found!
> - Could not verify certificate (err: The peer did not send any
> certificate.)
> - Version: TLS1.1
> - Key Exchange: RSA
> - Cipher: AES-128-CBC
> - MAC: SHA1
> - Compression: NULL
>
> I can not find help about this on the web, i mean something that i can
> understand ...
> If someone know what can i do for this, it would be very apreciate.

The peer did not send any certificate is normal. A TLS client is not
obliged to send a certificate and in your case didn't. That's why
the server cannot verify it. If you want the client to send a
certificate you have to specify a certificate and a key, that are
suitable for signing.