gnutls extension

Sumon Islam isumon20 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 14:30:08 CET 2010

Hi,
Now I am totally frustrated, I did all things as you suggested. But still it did
not work. At first I change the files and then execute-
#cd  /home/sumon/gnutls/lib
#autoreconf

But no result. Then I deleted all gnutls related files from /usr/local/lib and
/usr/local/include and did-
#cd  /home/sumon/gnutls/lib
#./configure
#make
#make install

But no result. Also I tried with the ./configure, make and make install from
/home/sumon/gnutls directory (not inside /lib) without success. Then I
downloaded the files from an older discussion
(http://www.mail-archive.com/help-gnutls@gnu.org/msg01827.html) and did
./configure, make and make install after deleting all gnutls related file from
usr/local/{lib | include} and compile her (Carolin) sample code (in the same
thread). It compiles without any error and the server runs, but the client gives
me the following error during run time -

./client: /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.26: version `GNUTLS_2_10' not found (required by
./client)

I know that it worked for her machine, as she finished the discussion, but why
it does not work for me. What am I missing? Please help.

Best regards,
Sumon