Problem with session resuming

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Wed Feb 17 10:24:11 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Sebastien Decugis <sdecugis at nict.go.jp> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running in a problem with session resuming, I hope someone can
> understand the source of the issue ^^. Please excuse the long mail...
[...]
> My understanding of the issue is that the server tries to resume a
> session with a different ID than what was stored. Here is exactly the
> sequence of events, I hope it clarifies.

As far as I understand from your description this is not normal, something is
weird on the server side. Could you try with a more recent server version?
(i just tried with 2.8.5 version and seems to work ok). There are some fixes
in the session resumption code, but nothing similar to what you describe here.
This looks like a memory corruption. If the problem insists with 2.8.5
please try
running the server with valgrind on the same hardware.