gnutls installation problems

Tony Baldarelli tbaldarelli at wmsvision.com
Fri Apr 8 17:46:22 CEST 2011

Newer machine ld --version:
	[tonyb:v9_odbc:V3_18]> ld --version
	GNU ld version 2.13.90.0.18 20030206
	This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the
terms of
	the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no
warranty.
	[tonyb:v9_odbc:V3_18]>

Older machine ld --version:
	[tonyb:v9_odbc:V3_18]> ld --version
	GNU ld 2.10.91
	This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the
terms of
	the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no
warranty.
	  Supported emulations:
	   elf_i386
	   i386linux
	   elf_i386_glibc21
	[tonyb:v9_odbc:V3_18]>

Nothing particularly special about either Linux system that I know of.

Here is some basic system info for older system:
	[tonyb:v9_odbc:V3_18]> cat /etc/issue

	Red Hat Linux release 7.1 (Seawolf)
	Kernel 2.4.20-28.7 on an i686

	[tonyb:v9_odbc:V3_18]> uname -r
	2.4.20-28.7
	[tonyb:v9_odbc:V3_18]>

Here is some basic system information for the newer machine:
	[tonyb:v9_odbc:V3_18]> cat /etc/issue
	Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
	Kernel \r on an \m

	[tonyb:v9_odbc:V3_18]> uname -r