gnutls_record_recv() hangs

Dinh Le dinh at flic.net
Tue Aug 16 06:09:28 CEST 2011

Thank you Sam for the insightful reply.  Now I understand why the imap
protocol wants all requests to begin with some symbol (name-value) that
can be incremented so that the responses can be paired easier with the
corresponding requests on the client side.

Using select() seems to make the solution much more complicated than it
should.  Some web servers simply fork(), read, buffer, process, write, and
repeat.  Wow, this method is cleaner but can be much more expensive.

OK, I will have to experiment and read further.

Thank you all.

Dinh