gnutls 3.0.5

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Tue Dec 13 22:34:13 CET 2011

On 12/13/2011 06:54 PM, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> NM> I cannot provide win32 builds. If however there is someone who
> can NM> provide win32 builds for the releases, he's welcome to join
> us.
>
> Hi Nikos,
> I would do it but don't know much about making the build with free
> tools.  Is there a recipe I can follow?  I did not see instructions
> in the package.  Once I have a recipe I can set up a BuildBot.

Hello Ted,
 Thanks! You can use mingw64: http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net/
or mingw32: http://www.mingw.org
to build from linux or windows. I'd suppose that using something like
./configure --build=i586-pc-mingw32 && make
should be enough.

You'll also need to compile dependencies, such as libnettle as
shared libraries.

The old instructions for using the library are at http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/README.html
but I don't know if they are helpful since they refer to an
old gnutls library with libgcrypt.

If that works let me know!