a TLS packet with unexpected length received

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Mon Dec 19 19:16:51 CET 2011

On 12/19/2011 04:38 PM, Barsan Liviu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are using SipSimpleClient, a Python based SIP client to implement
> our Skype like client for chat and audio. This  SipSimpleClient uses
> gnutls for TLS encryption. When integrating this python based
> SipSimpleClient into our ObjectiveC project on Mac, and trying to
> communicate with the server (which also has gnutls installed) we
> receive the error from the Subject of this mail. By debugging with
> Eclipse-PyDev, we found that gnutls_handshake() method give us this
> error. We have 2.12.14 gnutls running on Debian Squeeze on server
> and same version on Mac for client. It is interesting that when this
> SipSimpleClient is run from the command line(not integrated into
> ObjectiveC), then this error does not appear and session is realized
> between client-server. Can somebody tell us what we can do? How to
> avoid this error, maybe with a gnutls update?

Please use the mailing list for sending questions. Most
probably you do something different in the command line application
than the other application and the only one who can verify that is
you. As a last resort I'd suggest that you check what
are the exchanged network packets. Compare the successful run
with the packets from the failed run. The differences would show
you the issue.