gnutls for win32

Ted Zlatanov tzz at lifelogs.com
Sat Dec 31 14:46:55 CET 2011

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 00:55:26 +0200 Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com> wrote:

NM> Hello all and best wishes for new year,
NM>  I've put pre-built win32 dlls and the other gnutls applications for
NM> 3.0.9 in [0]. I've managed to automate the procedure, so it could be
NM> that next releases (at least the major ones) will have the
NM> corresponding windows dlls released as well.

NM> [0]. http://homes.esat.kuleuven.be/~nikos/gnutls-win32/

Great news!  That lets GNU Emacs use the latest GnuTLS on all the
supported platforms.

Currently we're in a feature freeze for the Emacs pretest, but after the
next Emacs release we'll make GnuTLS 3.x required.  That also lets us
ensure that we're not fighting old, already-fixed bugs.

Could the W32 releases go on the official GnuTLS site so we can point to
them in the GNU Emacs installation notes?  And could you, when able,
publish the build script so developers can make their own W32 builds?

Thanks
Ted