support for AIX and HP-UX

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Thu Feb 17 18:32:30 CET 2011

On 02/17/11 02:50 PM, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 3:12 PM, derleader mail<derleader at abv.bg>  wrote:
>>   Hi,
>>    I'm interested is it possible to use GnuTLS with IBM AIX and HP-UX? I need
>> to develop a application which uses GnuTLS for secure communication on these
>> platforms.
>
> You shouldn't have any problem on these platforms since they are supposed to be
> POSIX compliant. If you have any issue report it as bug.
>
> regards,
> Nikos

I had problems when trying to build GnuTLS on both AIX and HP-UX, as part of the
Sage maths program. Though this was with a rather old version of GnuTLS (2.2.1)

Here's the issue I had on AIX 5.3

Here's the issue I had on HP-UX 11.11B
(note I did report this HP-UX. I don't recall getting any feedback, but I may
have done).