Setting gnutls to use nettle instead of libgcrypt

Daryl Anthony Chouinard totony123 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 23:38:45 CEST 2011

Hi,
I'm having problems using a program which uses gnutls.
(my /var/log/user.log is full of "[...] aria2c: Libgcrypt warning: missing
initialization - please fix the application").
Note : aria2c is a download manager which uses gnutls.

As libgcrypt seems a bit deprecated with gnutls, I'd like to use nettle
instead, to see if the application gets fixed.
I have nettle installed (uh, pacman, Archlinux's package manager, is telling
me that it's installed), but gnutls is using libgcrypt (which is a
xorg-server dependency, so I can't really uninstall it).

Anyone know how I can configure gnutls to use nettle instead of libgcrypt
(Or how I can fix this error message without the need to (submit a
patch)/edit gnutls' source code) ?

Thanks in advance,
Totony