Setting gnutls to use nettle instead of libgcrypt

Totony totony123 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 07:53:49 CEST 2011

>Is this /usr/lib/libgnutls.so a symlink to /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.26?

libgnutls.so.26 is linked to libgnutls.so.26.21.1 (so is libgnutls.so)
libgnutls.so -> libgnutls.so.26.21.1

>This says that loading aria2 will load both gcrypt and nettle. Perhaps
aria2
is using them both, and only one is via libgnutls.
Maybe :S (/investigation of aria2 code planned).
(Through, what would be the use of using 2 different crypto backends with
different wrappers ? Compatibility ?)

>You have made a big assumption about the relationship between libgcrypt and
>aria2 - that is is via gnutls. The ldd output for /usr/lib/libgnutls.so
above
>suggests that assumption is wrong.
I assumed this for quite good reasons, but I think I will recheck this
today.
(The maintainer of the Git branch of aria2 I am using said this : "It seems
initialization error of gnutls(which initializes libgcrypt internally), but
I've never met this before". So, even if I'm not really invested in the
coding of that program, I assumed that they used gnutls to take care of the
libgcrypt related scripts (I checked the code a bit, and found calls of the
gnutls functions too)).
Source : http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/aria2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=135 and
https://github.com/tatsuhiro-t/aria2