roadmap for 3.0.0

Ted Zlatanov tzz at lifelogs.com
Wed Jun 8 17:05:43 CEST 2011

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 13:22:39 +0200 Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com> wrote:

NM>  The last commit by Stef Walter concludes the list of changes I
NM> planned for gnutls 3.0.0. Those in brief were:

NM> * Addition of a simple X.509 certificate verification subsystem
NM> (gnutls_x509_trust_list_*)

NM> * Addition of a certificate retrieval function that requires no
NM> processing from gnutls (gnutls_certificate_set_retrieve_function2())

These will be appreciated for the Emacs GnuTLS interface.

NM> The documentation has also been extended to discuss the new features,
NM> and was also reorganized. If you think something is missing from this
NM> list, or other things such as bug-fixes that should have made through,
NM> but didn't please let me know.

I would like to repeat my request for a string-based configuration
system.  Take the priority strings and extend them further, since almost
everything in GnuTLS can be configured that way.  You'll need a decent
parser and it may end up as a multi-line format, but please consider
that it's useful.

Thanks
Ted