return value of gnutls_record_check_pending

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Jun 28 18:59:00 CEST 2011

Hi all,

My understanding of the man page for the function
gnutls_record_check_pending() says that it should return the number of
bytes waiting to be read, or 0 bytes if nothing is to be read.

I have run in to a case where the function is returning 0, but there
really is data to be read (if I use gdb to jump past the gnutls call,
data is read). Is there something I'm not understanding?

example pseudo-code:
while( 1 ) {
     ret = select( fd );
     // ret == 1
     ret = gnutls_record_check_pending( session );
     // ret == 0
     if ( ret == 0 )
         continue;
     gnutls_record_recv( session );