Weird TLS Compression Error

Dash Shendy admin at dash.za.net
Mon May 23 19:00:46 CEST 2011

Here's my Virtual host setup:

GnuTLSCache memcache "127.0.0.1"
GnuTLSCacheTimeout 600
Listen 192.168.0.254:443
NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.254:443

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.254:443>
    GnuTLSEnable on
    GnuTLSPriorities
NONE:+VERS-TLS1.1:+VERS-TLS1.0:+VERS-SSL3.0:+COMP-NULL:+SHA1:+MD5:+RSA:+DHE-RSA:+CAMELLIA-128-CBC:+ARCFOUR-128:+AES-128-CBC:+3DES-CBC
    DocumentRoot /xxx/xxx/xxx/dash.za.net/docroot
    ServerName dash.za.net:443
    GnuTLSCertificateFile /xxx/xxx/xxx/dash.za.net/cert.pem
    GnuTLSKeyFile /xxx/xxx/xxx/dash.za.net/key.pem
    LogLevel debug
    ErrorLog /xxx/xxx/xxx/dash.za.net-ssl_error_log
    CustomLog /xxx/xxx/xxx/dash.za.net-ssl_access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

I have tried with various Priorities to no avail.

This started happening after upgrading both GnuTLS (2.12.x) n mod_gnuTLS
(was 0.5.5).

As far as I understand the error message "no compression overlap" is
similar to "no cypher overlap".
That is, there's no common encryption/compression algorithm.

I have switched off apache's mod_deflate, as well as php's output
buffering and zlib.compression which I thought might be causing this.

u can actually try this for yourself at either https://dash.za.net/mail
or https://scms.za.net/login.

I am using self-signed certificates, but I doubt that this could be
causing the issue?

Thank you so much for your time and help, it is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I heard you mention that you are quite busy with GnuTLS development
and can not afford the time to maintain mod_gnutls, and unless you find
someone to maintain it, this module is unmaintained.
      I would love to get involved and contribute, please let me know
what I can do to help (I do know how to code in C but I do not believe I
have the Mathematical background required,
      and do not want to introduce bugs or weaken the security as it
happened with Debian's implementation of OpenSSL a while back, but
please do let me know if I can get involved somehow).

Regards,
Dash Shendy