Compiling gnutls 3.0.5 on x86_64 in 32bit mode

Hoyt, David hoyt6 at llnl.gov
Tue Nov 8 19:52:32 CET 2011

> If I add --host=i686 to ./configure it compiles fine, but only builds the static library and not the shared one (config.log [3]) although I use --disable-static.

Libtool is finicky and at least in my configuration, it does not seem to recognize that ws2_32 (the winsock2 library) is in the library path and it thinks it cannot resolve all the symbols. Passing "lt_cv_deplibs_check_method=pass_all" to configure tells libtool to ignore those errors and forge on ahead. The command would look like:

lt_cv_deplibs_check_method=pass_all ./configure --host=i686 ...

Hope that helps,
- David Hoyt