gnutls_record_check_pending() issue in GNUTLS 3.0.3 ??

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Wed Nov 9 12:56:57 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 10:16 PM, <frank.krout at eurorscg.com> wrote:

> This is weird, I reduced my receive calls to
> peekLen = (long) gnutls_record_recv (esmtpInfo.gnutls.session,
> esmtpInfo.gnutls.ringBuffer.data, 8);
> Yes, 8 bytes at a time ....  gnutls_record_check_pending()still does not
> work. It gets called after every complete line of response is received.
> Again, runs fine without it.
> I would hate to have to put a mandatory sleep after every smtp command,
> prior to looking for a response.

I don't fully understand your issue. Why do you have to put a sleep?
Moreover I don't know your code, thus I cannot understand why you see that
behavior. Try doing the following:
client: gnutls_record_send(1024 bytes)

server: gnutls_record_recv(4 bytes)
gnutls_record_check_pending() should return 1020.

(please keep the mailing list in CC)