gnutls_e_asn1_element_not_found

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Nov 17 23:57:49 CET 2011

On 11/16/2011 11:07 AM, Tapiwa Gutu wrote:
> Hey,
>
> So you were on the mark, as I suspected the credentials were allocated
> before gnutls_global_init() was called. Changing the little bit of code
> allows the program to work perfectly. Now I have another problem. *5.4.1 Simple
> client example with anonymous authentication* works only  if I call*
> gnutls_credentials_set
> (session, GNUTLS_CRD_CERTIFICATE anoncred)* instead of *gnutls_credentials_set
> (session, GNUTLS_CRD_ANON, anoncred)*. The handshake fails with a
> gnutls_e_fatal_alert_received error.

What do you mean by works? In order for anonymous authentication to work
the peer has to support anonymous authentication as well. If you change
the credentials to certificate credentials probably it works because you
are connecting to a server that supports certificates.

(please keep the mailing list in CC)