testing error cases of tls implementation

Daniel Otte daniel.otte at rub.de
Wed Aug 8 18:51:11 CEST 2012

Hello,
I'm currently implementing an TLS1.2 server for embedded devices (which are too
small for gnutls or openssl and all the others).
For testing I'm using gnutls (especially gnutls-cli) to get the communication
working and this currently works.
My problem is that I would like to test all the error cases (those where the
other side does not follow rfc5246). Many things can go wrong there (wrong
behavior, security leaks, memory leaks, ...) and I want to find as much of my
programming errors by testing as possible.
You get this E-Mail from me since I hope you have experience and maybe also code
which could be used.

regards,
  Daniel