Importing a PKCS#1 RSAPublicKey structure into a gnutls_pubkey_t

René Korthaus r.korthaus at sirrix.com
Thu Aug 16 14:11:10 CEST 2012

Am 09.08.2012 14:49, schrieb Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos:
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 9:11 AM, René Korthaus <r.korthaus at sirrix.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for the clarification. Then is there a reason that gnutls offers no
>> method to import a PKCS#1 RSAPublicKey structure - given that it is a
>> standard format and almost all smartcards speak it plus RSAPublicKey is very
>> similar to RSAPrivateKey and gnutls can already decode RSAPrivateKey
>> structures with _gnutls_privkey_decode_pkcs1_rsa_key. From the code I've
>> seen it should be fairly easy to implement and would make us very happy. :)
> The problem is that RSAPublicKey structure is RSA specific. GnuTLS
> supports the generic SubjectPublicKeyInfo structure for public keys
> which may contain RSA, DSA, or ECDSA keys. If however you provide a
> simple patch that reads the structure for an gnutls_pubkey_t, I'll be
> happy to include it in the 3.1 release.

Sorry for the delay, we are very buse ATM. I'll be happy to provide a
patch. Let me see what I can do in the next few days.

Best, René

--
Sirrix AG security technologies - http://www.sirrix.com
René Korthaus      eMail: r.korthaus at sirrix.com
Tel +49(681) 959 86-163    Fax +49(681) 959 86-5163
PGP Key ID 0x688EF9C8    Fingerprint 1FB6 2405 51C4 79DB C008 D1D2 C2E0 1A14 688E F9C8
Vorstand: Ammar Alkassar (Vors.), Christian Stüble, Markus Bernhammer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Harald Stöber
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Homburg/Saar, HRB 3857 Amtsgericht Saarbrücken

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and