Question about gnutls_global_set_log_function()

Murray S. Kucherawy superuser at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 21:06:05 CEST 2012

I'm writing a multithreaded application that could be doing RSA
signature generations and/or validations in parallel.

Right now gnutls_global_set_log_function() allows me to specify an
error reporting function, but in theory any thread could call it.  It
would be helpful to receive something thread-specific in the function
I provide to gnutls_global_set_log_function() so that, for example, a
buffer could be assigned per thread to receive this information.

As it stands right now I have to do something like a pthread_key to
get thread-specific storage from the underlying threading
implementation.  Not having that dependency would be desirable.  Being
able to add gnutls_set_thread_specific() that stores a thread-specific
pointer would be helpful, and then that could be done inside my global
log function to take thread-specific action.

Thanks for any help here.

-MSK