[gnutls-help] Can't connect to my ISP's mail server using GnuTLS

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu Dec 27 17:07:13 CET 2012

On 12/27/2012 04:43 AM, Darko K. wrote:
> thank you for your help. My bet is they run some proprietary software
> on Windows which obviously implements security very poorly. If I were
> more familiar about SSL and TLS protocols I would definitely open a
> ticket with them.

You could also open a ticket with them and point them to the archive of
this mailing list discussion (starting here):

 http://lists.gnutls.org/pipermail/gnutls-help/2012-December/003029.html

fwiw, I'd be wary of entrusting my mail to a mail server with
misconfigurations/brokenness this severe in its TLS stack, on the
(possibly mistaken) assumption that lack of attention to detail here is
probably indicative of similar sloppiness in other parts of the
infrastructure.

	--dkg