Libnettle 2.4 was not found

lfinsto at gwdg.de lfinsto at gwdg.de
Wed Feb 1 18:18:31 CET 2012

Hello,

> When compiling GNU tls, I am getting the libnettle 2.4 not found. I tried:

I did this a couple of days ago and had some difficulty.

You have to install gmp and p11-kit first.  If gmp isn't found, installing
libnettle will work, but libhogweed will not be created.  Then, configure
will fail for GNUTLS.

I don't have root privileges on the machines where I was installing
everything, so you may not need the added complications in the calls to
configure.

/home/optinum/eron0015/crypto/ is where I installed everything.  gmp and
p11-kit caused no difficulties.

This was how I invoked configure for nettle:

./configure CFLAGS="-I/home/optinum/eron0015/crypto/include"
CPPFLAGS="-I/home/optinum/eron0015/crypto/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/home/optinum/eron0015/crypto/lib" --disable-openssl
--enable-shared --prefix=/home/optinum/eron0015/crypto

CPPFLAGS is needed because of a program in the test suite.

It should work to set (and export) the environment variables in the shell.
 It didn't work for me, but that was probably because I mistyped the path
names.

This was how I invoked configure for GNUTLS:

./configure CFLAGS="-I/home/optinum/eron0015/crypto/include"
CPPFLAGS="-I/home/optinum/eron0015/crypto/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/home/optinum/eron0015/crypto/lib"
--prefix=/home/optinum/eron0015/crypto

CPPFLAGS was probably unnecessary.  It was leftover from the command for
nettle.  --with-libnettle-prefix was not necessary.

Laurence Finston

On Tue, January 31, 2012 11:40 pm, Nick Khamis wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> I am using the latest version of Debian. With lib nettle 2.4 installed:
ls /usr/lib/
> libnettle.a
> libnettle.so
> libnettle.so.4
> libnettle.so.4.3
> When compiling GNU tls, I am getting the libnettle 2.4 not found. I tried:
>  ./configure --prefix=/usr
>  ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-libnettle-prefix=/usr
> And got the same error
> Thanks in Advance,
> Nicholas.

Laurence Finston
Gesellschaft fuer wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen

Telefon: 	+49 551 201-1882
E-Mail: 	lfinsto at gwdg.de