How to compile GnuTLS for every posix operating system

Peter Penzov peter.penzov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 12:55:14 CET 2012

I want to create secure server and client which use GnuTLS for encrypting
the network communication. I want to deploy the clients on many Unix
operating systems and many Linux distributions. I found that for example in
Centos 5 and 6 the versions of GnuTLS which are by default installed are
different versions. Maybe in other operating systems the version of GnuTLS
is always different. One solutions will be to compile GnuTLS every time
from source in order to have always the same version. Is it possible to
compile it into one monolithic(including all dependent libraries)
executable program and use it in every Posix operating system?

Best wishes
Peter