Error Code -56

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Fri Mar 2 14:16:52 CET 2012

Karthik Ragunath <btechit.kragu at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Simon,
> The error -56 is actually triggered as the return value in the following
> call
> ret =_gnutls_ext_get_session_data (session, GNUTLS_EXTENSION_FOOBAR,
>                                   &epriv);
> at the client side before we try to set the relevant data in the set method
> of the extension.

Sounds like you mixed up the directionality, clients usually send
extension data before receiving it, so it is normal for there to be no
extension data in a client that is sending.  Try skipping the above step
and just let the client send its data.  Use wireshark to check that the
extension was sent.  Then work on the server side...

/Simon