Unable to access contents of "gnutls_session_int" in client code

Mihir Kulkarni mihirk at uci.edu
Fri Mar 9 04:09:33 CET 2012

Hello,
I am using the simple client with anonymous authentication code given on
the gnutls page. In the code after the line:
*gnutls_priority_set_direct (session, "PERFORMANCE:+ANON-ECDH:+ANON-DH",*
*                              NULL);*
when I try to access contents of session like
"*session->internals.priorities.cipher.priority[0]"
*or any other variable from the structure "priorities", it throws me a
"dereferencing pointer to incomplete type error". I tried using these lines
in X.509 authentication code for client too. But it gives me the same error.
1. Am I trying to access the contents at the wrong location?
2. Is it that "session" is not filled with the values I'm trying to access?

Please let me know where I'm going wrong. Thank you in advance.

regards,
Mihir Kulkarni
Graduate Student
University of California, Irvine