problem with hostname matching

Michal Suchanek hramrach at gmail.com
Mon May 28 14:33:52 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have created a cert long time ago using a howto that suggested to
include the trailing dot in the domain name as good practice.

The verification with gnutls_x509_crt_check_hostname now works only
when the trailing dot is also specified in the host name.

Is this expected behaviour?

The trailing dot in the domain name should not be significant in this
case as the certificate is supposed to be issued for a fully qualified
domain name.

I am not quite sure how I would go about checking the name myself
without using the shorthand function, either.

Thanks

Michal