WARNING: gnome-keyring ??

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Wed Nov 7 10:10:03 CET 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel at haxx.se> wrote:

>> This doesn't look like it is from gnutls. It looks like it is the output
>> from the gnome-keyring pkcs11 module. I add Stef for verification.
>> You could disable that module from being loaded by editing the
>> corresponding file in /etc/pkcs11/modules/.
> I'm using GnuTLS here to get TLS and SSL support for my library and tool. I
> have no idea what the pcks11 module does or doesn't do for me in this
> context, but it feels wrong to have to disable something system-wide for a
> single tool I build to not send warnings on stderr...

The warning on stderr shouldn't have been there. A module that is
being loaded should either succeed loading or fail with a return code.
However this is not under my control to suppress. The PKCS #11 support
(this is about smart cards) is transparent and system wide because we
want all applications that use gnutls to be able to use smart cards
transparently (e.g. you can load your private key from a smart card
the same way you'd load it from a file).