Example of creating certificate from code using gnutls

Richard Moore rich at kde.org
Sun Nov 18 21:37:27 CET 2012

Hi All,

I've continued my experiments with gnutls and have now got code for
creating certificate signing requests and creating self-signed
certificates. The latter especially is missing from the documentation,
so hopefully it will be useful to people. One bug that had me
scratching my head for a while was a missing extern "C" in the
abstract.h header, but from the git logs it appears that has been
addressed in newer releases.

Creating a CSR:
https://gitorious.org/qt-examples/qt-examples/trees/master/gnutls-experiments/create-request

Creating and signing a self-signed cert:
https://gitorious.org/qt-examples/qt-examples/trees/master/gnutls-experiments/create-certificate

Cheers

Rich.