p11tool token management

slobozian daniel danut_12 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 11:59:21 CEST 2012

Hello,

     I'm trying to use
p11tool for a server application. I need it to stock server's private key and to
communicate with the server application that uses gnutls API.  I don’t
have a hardware smart card. Therefore I want to use a software p11. I supposed
that p11tool allows me to do that because the command --list-tokens shows me 5
existing tokens (My machine is on ubuntu 12.04). But there is no option to
create a token, only to initialize.
    My first question is if
it is possible to stock a private key and a certificate with p11tool without a
hardware device. If so do I have to install any other software in order to
create a software token? If, on the other hand, it’s not possible to do that
with p11tool, can I still use gnutls to connect to a local software P11?

Thank you in advance for your answer
Regards,
Daniel Slobozian