gnutls_x509_privkey_import_openssl

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Wed Oct 10 20:16:34 CEST 2012

On 10/09/2012 11:18 PM, MK wrote:

> Hi gang!
>
> I just started using gnuTLS, and one of the first things I needed to do
> was incorporate a certificate with encrypted key generated by openSSL.
> This seemed like a very simple task, here's a minimal reproduction of
> the technique I used to decrypt the original key:

Ouch. It seems there was a bug in the openssl key import. I've committed
a fix and added a test case:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnutls.git;a=commitdiff;h=f16ef39ef0303b02d7fa590a37820440c466ce8d

Could you try whether this solves the issue you see?

In general try to avoid the custom openssl format. The PKCS #8 format is
standardized and can be handled by more tools.