dametool cert file format

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Sun Oct 14 00:19:32 CEST 2012

NM> Thanks for the report. It seems that I introduced a last minute bug
NM> and the accepted format is DER only. You may use the tool with DER
NM> encoded certificates (convert yours using certtool -i --infile
NM> xxx.pem --outder --outfile xxx.der) or apply the following patch.

Ah.  I should've tested also with a der format file.

As it was, even after reading through the danetool src (I had read
through the libdane commits as they came in, after seeing your post on
the dane list) and running it in gdb it still looked to me like it were
"un-peming" the file before calling the der code.... :(

And thanks for the local-dns option to cli.

-JimC