[gnutls-help] DTLS and retransmission and reordering

Joke de Buhr joke at seiken.de
Wed Apr 10 18:07:49 CEST 2013

yes i'm using the non-blocking mode. for client and server sesssion.

  gnutls_init(&session_, GNUTLS_DATAGRAM | GNUTLS_NONBLOCK | ...);

here is a stack trace where the pull function is called:

#0 _gnutls_io_check_recv() at /lib/gnutls_buffers.c:677
#1 _dtls_wait_and_retransmit() at /lib/gnutls_dtls.c:414
#2 _gnutls_recv_handshake_final() at /lib/gnutls_handshake.c:2883
#3 _gnutls_handshake_client() at /lib/gnutls_handshake.c:2730
#4 gnutls_handshake() at /lib/gnutls_handshake.c:2450
#5 session<server::gateway<server::server<boost::asio::ip::udp> >
>::handshake() at /home/joke/Projects/vpn/src/session.t++:175

the pull timeout function returns GNUTLS_E_AGAIN.

but _dtls_retransmit is called only if the return value was GNUTLS_E_TIMEDOUT.

in _dtls_wait_and_retransmit around gnutls_dtls.c:416.

i noticed around /lib/gnutls_handshake.c:2879
_dtls_is_async(...) returns 0

i don't know if that's any kind of problem.

regards
joke