[gnutls-help] SRP without certificates

Matthew Lai m at matthewlai.ca
Sun Apr 27 10:49:42 CEST 2014

Hello!

I have a question if you don't mind -

I am trying to use pure SRP for authentication, but for some reason, I
am getting "Insufficient credentials for that request" on the client
when I try to start the handshake.

On the server side, I am using gnutls_srp_set_server_credentials_file()
and gnutls_credentials_set(session, GNUTLS_CRD_SRP, m_serverCred). Both
returned GNUTLS_E_SUCCESS.

On the server side, I am using gnutls_srp_set_client_credentials() and
gnutls_credentials_set(m_clientSessionTcp, GNUTLS_CRD_SRP,
m_clientCred). Both returned GNUTLS_E_SUCCESS.

Can you tell what I am doing wrong?

I noticed that in the example a CA file is set on the client, and a CA
file and a key file are set on the server. Are they required? I am not
intending to use certificates.

Many thanks!
Matthew