[gnutls-help] Issues with both gnutls 3.3.0 and 3.3.1

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Mon Apr 28 19:12:28 CEST 2014

On Mon, 2014-04-28 at 17:51 +0200, Martin Kletzander wrote:

> I simplified it into a simple checker [1], that you just run without
> parameters and see the list of open file descriptors.
> But what I haven't realized earlier is that it only behaves weird when
> compiled with '-lgnutls', not if compiled without that library.  I
> guess in that case it is unloaded and the FDs are closed properly.

Then that's the expected behavior. Indeed if you compile with -lgnutls
you'll have /dev/urandom kept open. If I switch this behavior and
open /dev/urandom only when needed there will be problems in the cases
where a program chroots to a directory without it (and the current
behavior of gnutls didn't require /dev/urandom except on
initialization).