[gnutls-help] "x509.c", line 2894: warning: argument #3 is incompatible with prototype:

dev dev at cor0.com
Wed Apr 30 23:45:43 CEST 2014

I have hit a head scratch moment where I am trying to figure out
what the intent was in  src/libopts/compat/compat.h :

gmake[4]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/build/gnutls-3.3.1_SunOS5.10_sparcv9_001/src/libopts'
  CC       libopts_la-libopts.lo
"./compat/compat.h", line 188: error: invalid type combination

Well that's not good. So I look and see what looks like and
enumerated data type being defined as type _Bool complete
with a capital "B" :

   185  #ifdef HAVE_STDBOOL_H
   186  #  include <stdbool.h>
   187  #else
   188     typedef enum { false = 0, true = 1 } _Bool;
   189  #  define bool _Bool
   190
   191     /* The other macros must be usable in preprocessor
directives.  */
   192  #  define false 0
   193  #  define true 1
   194  #endif
   195

Well that's odd because I am not forcing C99 compliance.  I checked
stdbool.h
where I see :

/*
 * Included for alignment with the ISO/IEC 9899:1999 standard. The
 * contents of this header are only visible when using a c99
 * compiler, otherwise inclusion of this header will result in a
 * forced compilation failure.
 *
 * Note that the ability to undefine and redefine the macros bool,
 * true, and false  is an obsolescent feature which may be withdrawn
 * in a future version of the standards specifications.
 */

Also here :

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009604499/basedefs/stdbool.h.html

So what is the intent here ?

Should I try to compile with c99 and not cc here ?

Dennis

ps: I have a 99% clean compile now .. just need to mail in a few
patches.