[gnutls-help] libhogweed

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Wed Aug 20 10:42:37 CEST 2014

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Hodk <obscurite at centersierra.fr> wrote:
> Hi , when I write in bash ./configure for gnutls-3.3.6 I get the message:
>
> checking for NETTLE... yes
> checking for HOGWEED... no
> configure: error:
>   ***
>   *** Libhogweed (nettle's companion library) was not found. Note that
> you must compile nettle with gmp support.
>
> How can I solve this error, please? I have already installed hogweed4
> and it does not work

Hello,
 What is hogweed4? Gnutls works with nettle 2.7.1, and nettle installs
a library that is called libhogweed.so.2. That library is only
installed if you have gmp already installed, as stated in the error
message. You can verify the version of hogweed present using
"pkg-config --modversion hogweed".