[gnutls-help] gnutls_dh_set_prime_bits question

Ted Zlatanov tzz at lifelogs.com
Fri Jan 3 21:29:23 CET 2014

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 09:05:12 +0100 Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> wrote:

>> I was about to submit a patch against the manual based on this e-mail
>> from July and wanted to quickly check if the answers to (1), (2), (3)
>> have changed (since I know there have been some issues with EC since
>> then).

NM> What issues are you referring to?

I did not mean "some issues with EC" to mean GnuTLS specifically,
sorry if that was unclear.

I meant the backdoor in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_EC_DRBG and
AFAIK it doesn't affect GnuTLS, but I would expect users to be somewhat
paranoid about anything with "EC" in the name.  So we could amend the
answers to preempt the possible EC-related questions.  It's up to you if
you feel that's necessary.

Ted